Saturday, June 15, 2013

Damn that diaper

Today I had three funny mishaps.

1) This morning when I picked Peter up out of his crib, I noticed that he had soaked through his diaper and his PJs were wet. I undressed him, took off his diaper and set him on the ground for a second.  Seriously, just a few seconds!  I turned to grab a new diaper to put him in and I heard the sound of water pouring on the carpet.  Sure enough, Peter was sitting there peeing on the carpet.  At first I didn't realize what happened b/c the spot where he was sitting was perfectly dry when I lifted him up.  Alas - he is a boy and his wet spot was about 2ft in front of him.  Hah!  Cracked me up. 

2) Peter is so wiggly and squirmy right now that it is nearly impossible to change his diaper. We have been trying to use mostly cloth diapers, including a mix of indian pre-fold cotton classic diapers and covers, bumgenious fleecy cool stuffable diapers (love these, 4.0 series I think) and some Flip diaper/covers.  Today I officially gave up on the indian pre-fold cotton diapers.  There is no way I can get that babe to sit still long enough to get one on! I'm all about the easy stuffable Bumgenius diapers these days.

"Come on Peter!" 

"What mom?"
Impossible.  I'm done with the pre-folds

Hahahahahaha

3) Speaking of cloth diapers........So we bought this "sprayer' that you hook up to the toilet and then you can spray the solid poop off into the toilet and keep most of it there vs. in your washing machine.  This sprayer has turned into the most ridiculous, messiest device.  Instead of it making life cleaner and easier, it just sprays the crap all over the wall b/c the water pressure is so hard!  I don't know if we are doing something wrong or don't have it set up right, but I will barely turn the knob to turn it on and the second I touch the button - boom/spray!!  All over the wall (no picture ;o).  And so my morning began...........

No comments:

Post a Comment