Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Big Heart

Today I am thinking about my friend Peter Tripp who passed away in an avalanche 8yrs ago.  He had such a big heart.  He was thoughtful, noble, smart, passionate, kind and had a kick ass sense of humor.  I can still hear his low pitched laugh.  He had a quiet presence about him that exemplified his humility.  He was a really true friend with a really big heart.  We all miss him a lot.  Like most of his family and friends, I feel his presence whenever I'm outside - hiking, skiing, running and when I'm simply walking along in the neighborhood.  

When I think of Pete, I think of the importance of a strong community, and family.  He saw the best in people and still inspires me to be positive, optimistic, and look on the brighter side of things.  A good friend of mine and I were remembering how he always wore a smile - as if to say to the world "Why not smile?".  So today, in honor of Peter Tripp - wear a smile.  Smile at a stranger.  Smile at your clients.  Smile at your friends and family.  Smile at your baby.  Optimism is infectious!



No comments:

Post a Comment