Sunday, July 22, 2012

COMT-->Nesting

Huge, huge, huge sigh of relief.  I took my level IV orthopedic manual therapy exam yesterday.  It was an event.  I was so nervous,  I sweat through my shirt like I was running a marathon.  WOW.  Wish I had worn a dri fit.  It was a really good experience though.  A great process - studying, applying new skills, and becoming a better clinician.  Most of all - building professional confidence.  I am happy to say that I am officially a certified orthopedic manual therapist (COMT), NAIOMT certified.  I actually never thought I would get through this exam/process this year.  I figured I would tackle it some day.  With the encouragement of my dad, my incredible husband, mentors and study buddies, I decided to go for it "pre-baby".  I'm so glad I did!

NOW, I get to fully focus on this baby.  I got home last night and made Jake help me put together the co-sleeper, install the car seat base and start organizing the room.

3 hip hip hoorarys for JAke.  Actually, make that a million.  I couldn't have made it through all this studying and preparing without him.  Not only did he support me with all of my studying, he let me practice manipulating him for months (joint manipulation only, I promise).  You are the wind beneath my wings Jake - really!

Today feels so good.  Nice to just relax.  Now I get to prepare for the biggest test of my life in about a month!  I think it's supposed to be a really long test that gets progressively harder........;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment