Thursday, April 26, 2012

Laundry Turmoil

Jake and I are officially in the market for a new washing machine.  Recommendations anyone?  Thankfully we were home tonight (and might I recommend that you NEVER leave the house with the washer running), so when our laundry machine started pouring out water through the bottom we thankfully noticed 10min later (and not 8hrs later!).  We had inches of water in the bathroom - like a little wading pool, no joke.  After an hour of soaking up the water with towels and a shop vac (and turning on every heater downstairs), we are now perusing consumer reports and the internet.  I would love suggestions if anyone has them.  I feel like I'm buying a car - I need something really good, energy efficient.......but I don't want to spend a lot, you know?  I realize I may need to drop some dough and double down.  We are going to be doing a lot more laundry this next year.  My eyes, ears and inbox are open!  More posts to come this weekend, I'll add some pictures then.  23 weeks today!  I had an MD appt today and got to hear the baby's heart beat.  Such a great sound.

1 comment:

  1. whatever you do, don't buy a combo single unit washer/dryer! we have one and the dryer is horrible, it takes hours, so we end up hang drying everything (which works fine for us but isn't for everyone)

    ReplyDelete