Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back to work - 12 weeks sure flies by

My 12 weeks of maternity leave has flown by.  I LOVED staying home with Peter and I can really see why mom's stay home with their babes and kiddos.  I used to think I couldn't imagine staying home, but now I really really can.

But!  I'm back to work as a physical therapist and clinic director at OMG West Eugene.  I'm starting off part time and will gradually increase my hours.  Pam, my mom and Jake are all helping watch him while I'm at work, which makes it way easier to leave him.  It's still so hard.  I love cuddling him in the morning - sometimes falling asleep in the rocker while I hold him after he falls asleep post feeding.  I really miss that.  However I'm learning that I can get up early enough and cuddle him before I leave.  Right now I'm not gone all that long, and only miss one feeding.  That means I only have to pump once - thank goodness.  I love my afternoons with him and treasure every minute I have.  Jake reminds me that I really should put him down sometimes ;o)

Work is going well.  Thankfully when I'm there, it's pretty consuming.  My patients demand my full attention so I don't have a lot of time to be sad that I'm away from Peter.  I feel really thankful for a great staff at my office, Trisha, Lydia, Keith and Robert have kept the clinic running smoothly.  We moved our office space to a newly remodeled location in the building. It was a lot to come back to and we are still trying to get organized.  A work in progress........Here are some pictures of the gym.  We are still awaiting the carpet "border" and some wall mirrors etc..


Office/Charting space - it's huge!

Treatment room - we have three now

Cool shelves we got from IKEA - the rooms are small so I didn't want a lot of cabinetry

gym - the equipment has been rearranged a few times already

other part of the gym

Peter and Jake sent me flowers on my first day back - so sweet.  I love getting flowers

My mom, Pam and Jake send me pictures throughout the morning, keeping me posted on when Peter eats, naps and about the cute stuff he does.  It helps me feel like I'm not missing out.  Here are some of the pictures.  Turns out Peter LOVES Elmo.  I think red is one of his favorite colors right now.


One week down.  Lot's more to go.  I hope they continue to get easier.  Thankfully, I love my job.  I love helping people and getting to teach them how to help themselves.  I hope Peter is as passionate about his career as I am someday.  I mean, his first two initials are P.T. - no pressure or anything buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment