Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bring it on Big Sky!

Two weeks ago I went back to Missoula to lab assist a class my dad was teaching at the university.  It felt very "full circle" as I got to help teach the 3rd year PT students (in my old lab!) orthopedic manipulative theory and techniques.  We spent 1.5 days with students, then 1.5 days with clinicians who wanted to hone their manual therapy skills.  It was really amazing getting to lab assist for my dad - I love the way he teaches and it was fun to be back in the "saddle" of going to class.  I could have done without a few embarrassing "father/daughter" comments - but figured that was part of the bargain.  Since I wasn't ready to leave Peter at home, I brought him with me and my mom watched him while I was in class.  His first flight went well and he fell asleep after take off.  I wish I had a photo of his face/eyes when we took off.  Those blue eyes were humongous!  We had so much "stuff" - car seat, stroller, baby bag, my bag.  Holy smokes.  I don't know how people travel with babies solo.  I hope to go back again next year and then have Jake meet me so we can travel up to Glacier and Flathead lake.  Here are some pictures from our adventure.

Peter hugging Jake when he dropped us off at the airport

I got over my germaphobia when we were at airport.  Peter kept crawling over to the "shiny" tiles and licking the ground.  Ok!

When we first got on the plane - Peter is ready in his PJ's!

I am walking Peter around the airport in the stroller trying to get him to fall asleep again

Peter with my buddy (and old PT school professor) James Laskin

Peter on the Cara's Park Carousel in Missoula
Lab assisting at the class for clinicians
More lab assisting - my dad demonstrating a technique

Grandpa hugs ("ear hugs")

Asleep on the first flight home - the "hooter hider" cover came in handy and provided a "dark place" for him to fall asleep

Out for the count


He was WIDE awake for the second flight home on Sun AM.  Glad there were three of us to entertain him

Peter is doing some "cranial sacral" PT on grandpa Willy Chuck - what can I say, he's a natural

No comments:

Post a Comment