Sunday, June 10, 2012

Escape to Bend


Jake and I just got back from a great weekend in Bend.  The best part?  We had NO plans.  It was nice to sleep in, enjoy a leisurely breakfast and then just hike and do whatever we wanted.  We ended up going to Smith Rock to hike.  Embarrassingly I had never been there before.  It was gorgeous and the perfect day to go.  Not only was the weather amazing, the temperature was about 65-70 and the parking fee was waved for the annual "free fishing weekend". Score!  We had a great breakfast at Alpenglow and a really good mediterranean dinner at Joolz downtown.  Here are some pictures.
29.5 weeks

Top of Misery Ridge Trail - Three Sisters in the background

Monkey Face - the little black spec on the rock is a climber

Such fun!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Amy! Of course you'd be the pregnant lady still hiking till the end... but it's still impressive. Glad you're enjoying yourself. Baby's first hike! :) Miss you girl. -Anna B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great!! And so awesome too that you are out and about hiking and all. Thanks for telling me about your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how I love smith! It will always be my home <3 and I am so happy you finally got to go there- I miss climbing there so much, so many memories in those rocks for me.

    You look amazing btw! You carry pregnancy so well. Lucky girl! And the weekend in Bend just sounds amazing right now.. I'm a bit jealous!

    :)

    ReplyDelete